A platitude is a comment or statement, often (but not always) with a moral element, that has been used way too often to be interesting. Basically, it’s an expression rendered dull and meaningless through overuse.
Much like a cliché, a platitude is super commonplace. You probably hear at least one every day, and you’re probably guilty of uttering some nearly every day too. It’s tough to avoid them, really! But alas, so it goes. (Cringe).
1. Love conquers all.
2. There’s no such thing as bad timing with the right person.
3. All that glitters isn’t gold.
4. Don’t get your panties in a twist.
5. The calm before the storm.
6. Laughter is the best medicine.
7. Opposites attract.
8. The writing’s on the wall.
9. What goes around comes around.
10. It’s just a matter of time.
11. As old as the hills.
12. Fit as a fiddle.
13. Without a care in the world.
14. A diamond in the rough.
15. Brave as a lion.
16. Weak as a kitten
17. Had nerves of steel.
18. Ugly as sin.
19. All for one, and one for all.
20. Let’s just kiss and make up.
21. He has his tail between his legs.
22. And they all lived happily ever after.
23. Cat got your tongue?
24. Read between the lines.
25. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
26. We’re not laughing at you we’re laughing with you.
27. There’s no “i” in Team
28. Good things come to those who wait.
29. What’s meant to be will be.
30. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
31. Time heals everything.
32. So it goes.
33. Forgive and forget.
34. Everything happens for a reason.
35. It is what it is.
36. What the mind can conceive, it can achieve.
37. Winners never quit.
38. What doesn’t you makes you stronger.
39. I don’t want a team of champions, I want a champion team.
40. Teamwork makes the dream work.
41. C’est la vie.
42. Hard work always pays off.
43. God has a plan.
44. Great minds think alike.
45. Money can’t buy happiness.
46. Live each moment like it’s your last.
47. Live in the now.
48. If at first you don’t succeed, try try again.
49. Follow your passion.
50. Follow your bliss.
51. Let’s not reinvent the wheel.
52. It’s not rocket science.
53. What goes up must come down.
54. After the storm the sun will shine.
55. There’s always a silver lining.
56. Don’t assume – it makes an ASS out of U and ME.
57. Don’t be sad because it’s over, be glad that it happened.
58. Love means never having to say you’re sorry.
59. We are where we are
60. What goes around comes around
61. What’s done is done
62. Waste not want not
63. It has to be somewhere (as if this helps you find something that’s lost)
64. Nice guys finish last
65. Go with the flow
66. Only dead fish go with the flow.
67. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
68. Work smarter, not harder.
69. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
70. Age is just a number.
71. We’re all in this together.
72. This too shall pass.
73. Everything always works out in the end.
74. We’ll all be laughing about this one day.
75. It’s doesn’t matter if you win or lose, only that you try.
76. Tomorrow is another day.
77. It could be worse.
78. You are what you eat.
79. It’s neither here nor there.
80. There’s no “there” there.
81. Think outside the box.
82. It will all look better in the morning.
83. There’s no such thing as a free lunch.
84. Better to have loved and lost…
85. That’s for me to know and you to find out.
86. Better late than never.
87. The road to hell is paved in good intentions.
88. Gossip is the devil’s radio.
89. Laugh and the world laughs with you.
90. Beauty is only skin deep.
91. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
92. You can’t judge a book by its cover.
93. Work hard, play hard.
94. Only the good die young.
95. All’s fair in love and war.
96. All men are created equal.
97. There are plenty more fish in the sea.
98. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
99. It’s the darkest just before dawn.
100. Fail harder.
101. Perception is reality.
102. You can be anything that you want to be.
103. Patience is a virtue.
104. The customer is always right.
105. If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
106. Be careful what you wish for.
107. With great wealth / power comes great responsibility.
108. God never gives us more than we can handle. [tc-mark}