Throughout the centuries, albino people would envoke fear in others and have been exposed to social isolation due to their different appearance. Nowadays, albinos are more accepted and are becoming an important part of the fashion and art industries. Albinism can appear in any ethnic group and often attract the attention of photographers from different countries. Besides their looks, albino people grab people’s attention by being more fragile than those with normal pigmentation levels.
At Bright Side, we believe that beauty has no rules. Thus, we have collected photos capturing the unique beauty of albino people from 4 photographers from different parts of the world.
1. Sleepy snowflake: beautiful and fragile
2. Albino people have to protect their skin from direct sunlight.
3. Eyes of albino people are very sensitive.
4. Albinism is closely connected to eye problems.
5. Albinos can even become blind.
6. In many African countries, albino people are killed because of their skin color.
7. In some African countries, an albino child is believed to bring good luck to the family…
8. …while in others they are considered a symbol of black witchcraft.
9. In some cases, the child could be killed by local magic practitioners.
10. If unprotected from the sun, albinos are unlikely to live more than 40 years.
11. And they risk being feared for their looks all around the world.
12. Different societies can push them out for being different.
13. Luckily, the situation is slowly changing.
14. Nowadays, albino people are attracting the fashion world.
15. Photographers from all over the world are mesmerized by their beauty.
16. Albinos are starring in various advertisements and fashion shows.
17. Albinos also take part in social photo projects.
18. With these photos, they hope to show that regardless of pigmentation, we all deserve to live.
19. We all have the right to love.
20. And we all want to be happy.
21. Because basically, we are all the same.
Which of these photos did you like the most? Share your feelings in the comments!