You don’t want to throw a party where your guests leave early out of boredom. That is why you should think about using one of these college party themes to keep everyone entertained:
1. Blacklight — Swap out your regular lightbulbs for black lights and then draw on everyone’s clothing with highlighters.
2. Tight And Bright — Guests can only show up wearing something super bright and skintight.
3. Ugly Sweater — Order everyone to find the most obnoxious sweater money can buy.
4. Masquerade — Keep identities hidden by walking through the crowd in a mask.
5. Anything But Clothes — Tell your guests to make an outfit out of garbage bags, newspapers, or duct tape. Anything except actual clothes.
6. Toga — Make sure everyone is wearing a bed sheet and sandals.
7. Aliens and Astronauts — Have your guests dress up as one or the other for a party that is out of this world.
8. John Hughs — Make sure everyone dresses up as a character from The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, or another one of John Hughs’ big hits.
9. Slumber Party — Tell everyone to show up in their cutest pajamas.
10. High School Stereotypes — Tell your guests to dress up as a cheerleader, jock, nerd, or whatever other stereotype fits their younger self.
11. Snow Pants Or No Pants — Your guests can choose between wearing snow pants or their underwear (or they could explore a loophole and wear a skirt instead).
12. Bad And Boujee — Have everyone show off their money by wearing their most expensive clothing items.
13. Decades — Have everyone dress up like they are from the 50s or 60s or 80s.
14. You Are What You Eat — Tell your guests to dress up like their favorite food (and bring that food with them).
15. Drop it Like F. Scott — Have a night where you dress up like Gatsby characters.
16. Dynamic Duos — Make sure everyone comes with a partner, whether it’s a best friend or a boyfriend, and matches outfits with them.
17. Anything But Human — Ask everyone to dress up like their favorite animal or mythological creature.
18. Get Nauti — Pretend you’re about to board a yacht and have everyone dress up like sailors.
19. March Madness — Tell everyone to show up in their favorite jersey.
20. Cool In Middle School — Make everyone wear the old trends that were popular back when they were in middle school.
21. Rome In The Foam — Combine a toga party with a foam party.
22. Fiesta — Serve margaritas and Mexican food.
23. Derby Days — Have everyone wear the biggest, most ridiculous hat they can find.
24. Meme — In this day and age, why not have everyone dress up like their favorite meme?
25. Spring Break — Make your guests wear bathing suits even if it’s winter.
26. Red Carpet — Have everyone dress up as their favorite celebrity.
27. What Happens In Vegas — Play poker and get drunk all night long.
28. Buds With Buds — Pick a night to only serve Budweiser.
29. Glow What You Know — Turn off the lights and pass around glow sticks for everyone to wear.
30. When I Grow Up — Remind your friends to dress for the job they want.
31. Duck Calls And Overalls — Ask your guests to dress up like they are about to go duck hunting.
32. Rock ‘N Roll — Tell everyone to pick their favorite singer and dress up exactly like them.
33. Shipwrecked — Make sure all of your guests show up wearing Hawaiian shirts.
34. Boston Tea Party — Dress like our ancestors in puffy shirts and pants.
35. Athletes And Mathletes — Either have your guests dress up as jocks or as nerds.
36. Rumble In The Jungle –– Have everyone dress up like jungle animals.
37. American Horror Story — Tell everyone to dress up as a character from their favorite season.
38. Fright Night — Have everyone dress up as their biggest fear.
39. Let Freedom Ring — Make sure your guests show up wearing either red, white, or blue.
40. Seeing Red — Ask everyone to wear red and only serve them red drinks and red foods.
41. Disney Through The Ages — Invite everyone to dress up as their favorite Disney character.
42. Under The Sea — Serve seafood and have your guests dress up as mermaids and sharks and other undersea critters.
43. Graffiti Party — Make sure everyone shows up wearing white and hand out markers they can use to write all over each other.
44. Jail Break — Dress like a criminal.
45. CEOs And Office Hoes — Ask guests to wear an outfit that they would show up to work in (except with a little extra leg and cleavage).
46. Cowboys And Cowgirls — Have everyone dress like they are from the wild west.
47. Construction Night — Ask everyone to wear cutoff t-shirts and hardhats.
48. Lingerie — See if your guests are willing to show up wearing their lingerie.
49. Seven Deadly Sins — Have everyone get creative by dressing up as one of the seven deadly sins.
50. Spy Next Door — Ask everyone to wear all black, from head to toe.