It seems like it was yesterday when we danced to Beyoncé’s Single Ladies while the first Iron Man was on in movie theaters. It’s hard to believe that 10 years have passed since the release of these 2 and it’s amazing how fast time flies. Would you like to remember what our life was like 15, 10, or 5 years ago? Read this article and be prepared to be carried away by nostalgia. At the end we will remind you what happened during the year we all couldn’t wait for.
Bright Side decided to remember the major events of 2003, 2008, and 2013.
15 years ago
- Britney Spears becomes the youngest singer to get their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Christina Aguilera releases a couple of the most successful singles in her career Beautiful and Fighter. A bit later, she will surprise her fans with a change in her image. Instead of a Hollywood blonde, she will become a raven-haired brunette.
- Nokia 3660, with its unusual semicircular keys, is very popular among girls despite the fact that compact devices were considered trendier in 2003. Still the Nokia 2100 becomes the most popular model of the year. Maybe you remember its semi-transparent case and interchangeable panels.
- J.K. Rowling publishes the fifth book of the boy-who-survived’s adventures — Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger becomes the governor of California.
10 years ago
- The iPhone 3G is launched but slider phones still stay the most popular models. Manufacturers focus on sound equipping their devices with the most powerful speakers possible.
- Iron Man, Slumdog Millionaire, Kung Fu Panda 3, WALL-E and The Dark Knight are the most popular movies.
- Robert Downey, Jr.’s photo of him standing with his arms open wide becomes the most popular meme for many years to come.
- Airbnb, an online marketplace and hospitality service, is launched.
- Barack Obama becomes the 44th President of the United States.
- The Falcon 1, the first privately-developed liquid-fuel launch vehicle, goes into orbit around the Earth and the world discovers the name Elon Musk.
5 years ago
- Thrift Shop becomes the most popular hip-hop record of the year. It reaches number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 and wins 2 Grammy Awards.
- The world meets iPhone 5s with Touch ID, a fingerprint recognition system. It becomes the best-selling phone on all major US carriers in September 2013.
- Disney melts hearts of all children and adults with their new animated film Frozen.
- The Great Gatsby movie is released. Leonardo DiCaprio fans expect that the actor will win his long-awaited Oscar. Unfortunately, this year he isn’t even nominated.
- This year is rich with numerous sequels of popular movies, like Iron Man 3, Despicable Me 2, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Star Trek Into Darkness and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
The event that grasps everyone’s attention worldwide: Prince William and Kate Middleton have their first child.
The Chelyabinsk meteorite reaches the ground after the meteor’s passage through the atmosphere. The descent causes a series of shock waves that shatter windows, damage approximately 7,200 buildings, and leave 1,500 people injured.
Bonus: We brought 2007 back.
- Some people are nostalgic for the year 2007. Their wish to relive it has come true, well… almost. 2018 is an identical twin of 2007, at least in accordance with the calendar. So, what else was good about 2007?
- Steve Jobs announces the iPhone launch.
- J.K. Rowling finishes her last book about Harry Potter.
- Shrek the Third, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Ratatouille and I Am Legend are on the big screen.
- The Big Bang Theory TV sitcom is launched.
- Britney Spears makes a triumphant return after all of her scandals. The pop-princess performs her new song Gimme More at the MTV Video Music Awards 2007.
Which event do you think was the most memorable? Tell us in the comments below.