We are all guilty of taking clichéd tourist photos when traveling: pushing the Leaning Tower of Pisa, holding the Statue of Liberty on one’s palm, kissing the Great Sphinx of Giza, and so on. When our failed vacation pics go viral, the internet has no mercy. When food blogger Yves Van de Ven posted the picture of his fingers missing the top of the Eiffel tower, he got over 100 uploads of the “improved” picture in the most comical ways. The heroes of this compilation were brave enough to post their failed pictures to teach us a lesson and save our future shots.
Here at Bright Side, we had a good laugh at these vacation photos and we can’t wait to share them with you!
1. Was it actually the Cypress tree he was going to “lick,” we wonder?
2. Now we know that dolphins are not always friendly…
3. One of the disadvantages of traveling alone is asking strangers to take photos of you.
4. “Sometimes we hold on tight to the wrong things.”
5. “Friendly advice if you’re going to have your picture taken in front of a green screen: don’t wear green!”
6. Alright, but where are their bodies?
7. Strong wind ruining your hairdo is the price to pay for a shot in the mountains.
8. “This is the result when I asked my boyfriend to take a picture. Can’t stop laughing.”
9. The Eiffel Tower looks gorgeous!
10. “When your mom tries to take a panorama picture.”
11. When a charismatic monkey becomes the center of the photograph:
12. This was supposed to be a picture of the Statue of Liberty. They even climbed up the curb for a good shot!
13. So many different emotions in one shot!
14. “My wife’s hair after 15 minutes in −20ºF (-29ºC) while basking in some hot springs.”
15. Let’s be honest. We all have those “finger photos.”
16. When on a safari tour, beware of emus…
17. …and horses!
18. “Taking a picture with my girlfriend in Berlin, when out of nowhere…”
19. When feeding animals, make sure you have enough food for everyone…
20. A sudden wave can ruin your picture, but it can make it much more emotional, as well!
Which of the pictures made you laugh the loudest? Do you have vacation shots that failed in such a hilarious way? Feel free to share your impressions and pictures in the comments!