Nothing can be compared to a mother’s love. Humans might stay with their parents the longest, but that doesn’t mean the animal kingdom isn’t full of examples of loving mothers. Many animals have powerful bonds with their children. Mother elephants nurse their children for up to 6 years and take care of them for about 16 years or more. But they’re just one of the many animal mothers that affectionately show their love.
Bright Side has collected some of the loveliest images of maternal love in the animal world.
1. Mothers don’t always see eye-to-eye with their children, but they still always show their love.
2. Nothing is more precious to a child than seeing their mother smile.
3. For better or worse, mothers give their children something to hang on to.
4. Kids might not always appreciate it, but a mother is always there to give a loving nudge.
5. Of course, mothers know when it’s the time to play rough.
6. Mothers come in all shapes and sizes, but the most important thing is their love.
7. Even when a mother and her child are far apart, love always finds a way.
8. For some babies a mother can be a handy cleaning crew.
9. A mother is the perfect one to look up to.
10. It seems like a mother never sleeps. She helps the kids sleep enough for 2 people.
11. But all mothers know that it’s important to have a lot of love.
12. Sure, there are times when mothers put their kids on a pedestal.
13. Some mothers lead the way.
14. Though we can all agree, it takes a high degree of tolerance to become a mother.
15. Remember, nothing beats a kiss from mom.
16. When it comes to moms, you can never tell what’s greater: the love they give or the love they get.
17. Of course, different mothers have their own special ways of showing their love.
18. But their children know everything is just another way of saying “I love you!”
19. A mother’s favorite thing is hearing “I love you” back.
20. Because to every mother, a child is a beauty beyond compare.
Bonus: So, let’s give thanks to all the loving mothers around the world!
See, even in the animal kingdom, a mother’s love is a beautiful thing. What animal do you think is the most caring in the animal world? Share your thoughts with us in the comments.